Monday, July 02, 2007

MONDAY MORNING



What a wonderful day yesterday was. I'm hoping for a repeat today. Though my allergies were flaring, I was not held back in much.

I was so happy to be able to go to church. I really appreciated the sermon on 'discipline'. I'm so glad the Lord chooses to discipline me- it means he loves me and is guiding me along life's pathway.

I seem to be learning so much these days.. and refreshing my mind to what scripture says about Christians. There will be persecution and sadness, and losses as we see it, but by focusing on Christ, these are not what life is really about. Joying that we have salvation, and that one day we will be sharing a part of heaven with him.. praising our Lord for all he has done for us.. being thankful for his unselfish love.. trusting him and being obedient to his directives.. that is more like it. Having hope and faith, knowing that Jesus is alive and preparing a place for us- for me.

How very sad for unbelievers. It is heart wrenching to see them refuse to submit to the one who created them and longs for them to belong to him. There is so much horror in the world today- atrocities- our freedoms being taken away one by one.. for unbelievers, this creates fear and depression.. they have no hope for the future.
They don't realize that God is in control of everything..

Well, I didn't start out to give a dissertation.... but seems like it ended up that way. Just things that are on my mind.

This is July. Last month, for 4 weeks, I read the last 6 chapters of Psalms every day- songs of praise.
This month I'll be reading John 1 every day.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".

Yesterday we had a cookout. It was wonderful. Joyce's birthday couldn't have been much more fun with an entire weekend of celebration. Saturday's bowling party with family and a couple local friends, and then the picnic yesterday.. at day's end, the Zombeck's put on a fireworks display which made everyone cheer. David was ecstatic, and at one point I heard him say "it's amazing!".. It was his birthday weekend too.

Plans are in the works for 'Grandma Camp' for the grandchildren. We did this last year and had such a wonderful time. This year , camp will start July 8 with a sleepover here.. and Monday will bring crafts, fun , baking, helping to make meals, playing in the dirt/mud.. and just about anything you can think of. Joyce is bringing her new cookie pop pan, and we shall have cookie pops! We may be able to have a campfire too..we haven't done that for a while.. they love s'mores. Camp will go till Wednesday evening when we'll invite their parents for a cookout and then they will go home. I'd love to have the Valentine kids.. perhaps next year?

Today and tomorrow I'm gainfully employed. Wednesday is Independence Day and I'm off. It's getting late now, and I had better get moving on this beautiful day. It's sunny- the sunrise woke me up at 6am, but I went back to sleep until 8:45 when the alarm clock insisted I get on my feet. I did some of my exercises before arising, and then decided to have a cup of coffee while I blogged. But now, it's time to get the daily routines started.. and check to see what room I'll be working on this week.
So have a great day, bloggers..
Pray for our leaders, congress, and your family. Pray for us...

No comments: