Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm getting ready to go to bed. I was offered the opportunity to come home early tonite and I took it. I hadn't been feeling quite myself. Odd stuff going on.
After yesterday, I was so exhausted from 2 hours sleep and then going to work till 1pm at the office.. I came home very sore. I could bearly walk- it reminded me of Tim Conway when he did the 'little old man' thing but this time I wasn't laughing.
Today I got up late- 10:30am.. Wendell woke me up knowing I had to be at the hospital today for work. I was so tired when I got up, and worse than that, I felt 'foggy'. I was making those dopey mistakes again. I tried almost successfully to take my Friday meds and stopped. I asked Wendell what day it was. I just couldn't remember. (Glad no one asked me what year it was).. I was putting my makeup on when I realized I was doing it in reverse order of the routine. AAARRRGGHHH!! Had to start over. I had breakfast at almost noon and then was ready for work- the only bread I could find was stale.. so I made myself a stale peanut butter sandwich. I figured I'd be thankful for it later.
On the way to work, there is road construction on Rt 8. I , of course, got in the wrong lane and had to wait for traffic to go by before I could continue. Just another frustration to add to the list. When I got to work I found myself on the West side and that is the smaller unit which is normally much easier - when I'm not there.
Things were out of order in the charts. I finally gave up and decided to not correct every error I found, but let someone else deal with it. I was asked to do a transfer of a patient to another room. I waited for a good 40 minutes before I took on this task. The room number has to be changed on every paper in the chart and the med records and the kardex. At last I finished....just in time to have the charge person tell me they had changed their minds and we were not moving her after all. It's been a frustrating day.
I'm tired. I know that's why all the little things have become mountainous to me. I'll be fine in the morning...really.
Wendell says we had a visitor this afternoon in the front of the house under the picnic table.. a skunk. Oh.. this is getting to be a real wildlife reserve around here. I saw the little creature later in the yard, but he ran before I could get his picture.. Tomorrow I need to go out and check the big hole in the window well to see if there is any more damage there. I think it's time to get rid of the brush pile in front of the house, eh?
I'm off to bed now.
Have a great rest of evening, bloggers...see you tomorrow..

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

I'm telling you... you really need to get a dog. (or John and Amanda need to)

Anonymous said...

I love traveling with you on your daily walks. Sounded like you had One of those Days! You are blessed to be in the country.
Have you considered keeping each day's scripture and testimomy to His saving Grace.. you could write a great devotional book.