Tuesday, July 03, 2007

MILLIONS FOR CAMPAIGNS

Does it bother anyone else to read the amounts of money that some of the presidential candidates are raking in for campaigns? It really gets under my skin that these people who have money to burn or throw away.. can't match those funds to help clean up the school systems, libraries, churches, and the like. Maybe they do? But if they have that much, they must be miserable. I don't think you fully appreciate the love of Christ until you hit rock bottom and have no where to go.. and then are blessed with his boundless blessings of everything you need to live. It's such a deep feeling of knowing you are cared for every day. Well, I suppose there are wealthy Christians too. God gives to each of his children what they can handle. I've wondered what I'd do if one day I was financially wealthy.. hmmm.. not sure I'd want that responsibility.
One thing I do know, I'd not trade my poverty for all the gold in the world for the love of my family and friends, for the love of my church, and for the love that my savior pours out on me every day.

No comments: