Friday, July 20, 2007

Good morning! It's 8am.. I've been awake since 7:30am and now am enjoying a delicious hot cup of coffee. Mmmmm.. good! It's cloudy this morning and about 58 degrees.. We should get to about 75 degrees today. A perfect day for me to get back on track with my cleaning schedule. There are hot spots everywhere again and these will be "put out" before concentrating on the bathroom today.
I have 2 more packages to get ready to send today.. and the grocery shopping to finish. It's going to be a busy but great day.
Did I hear the news correctly? Congress has now eliminated the "whistle blower" legislation.. which would mean if you see some suspicious activity or someone who looks like they are doing something illegal, YOU and I can be sued if you report this? Did I hear that right? Someone help me here? Does this sound like obstruction of justice? Why do we not have representatives of the PEOPLE in our government? It would seem like criminals now have representation and the people are in the dumpster somewhere.. I thought for a while about what this present congress has accomplished .. and thought "nothing".. but I was wrong in that thought. They have accomplished the biggest taxpayer waste of time and money known to history.. and they have caused our country to be the least safe place to live in the world.. my opinion, of course. My fear is that they will cause a revolution in these United States, making us even more vulnerable to enemies who would love to see us destroy ourselves. Can we fire the lot of them? I'd like to start over with some REAL men who care about our nation.
This past weeks sleepovers in DC were such nonsense and accomplished nothing. What are they thinking?
Who do they work for ?? Who do they represent?
Okay.. I'm getting off my soapbox.. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth anyway.

Despite the news of the day, God reigns and will reign when these folks are gone from this world. That is the best news. Trust in Him rather than foolish men.

I'm off to start my day with a smile on my face and joy in my heart. As soon as I'm dressed, I'm going to get breakfast and then read the gospel of John.. chapters 1-4 today. I started by reading chapter 1 for a while, but the rest of the gospel seemed to be calling my name.. so I'm moving on. Each day adding to the last.. I've also added several chapters of the book of Daniel as a part of my reading.
Lots to do.. pray for us.. for our nation, congress.. for their hearts to be turned to the Lord who reigns eternally supreme.
Pray for safety of our world, for Christians..
*

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Morning Ma - I tagged you for a Me-Me on my blog.