Sunday, September 24, 2006

AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE....


I've been doing a lot of thinking. Sometimes that's a dangerous thing, but today I have my mind set on something I believe the Holy Spirit has placed on my heart.
So much talk of global war and a Muslim takeover of this country in which we live. So just suppose we were overtaken for a moment..The rule of the day would most certainly be to round up all the Christians and murder them.. men, women, and children regardless of age. My burning question is:
Would there be enough evidence to prove that I/YOU were a Christian?
Would I be enough threat to be among the first rounded up?
Am I just a lukewarm follower of Jesus, or am I boiling hot and eager to spread the gospel message that Jesus lives and has provided a salvation- a way out- for all mankind through his resurrection?
Would I have enough fortitude to be martyred for Jesus?
Being a Christian living example is only the beginning. There are a lot of people out there living a 'good example' who are not believers in Christ. They will lose in the end as much as the overt Satanist.
Horrors ! you say? It's per scripture "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved".
It's not enough to be a good example.
I think back to when I was a teenager. My Mom said to me one day "be very careful what you do and say- there are people of which you are unaware who are watching you and want to be like you."
It's good advice. When I look back, I wish I'd had a stronger testimony for Jesus. I wonder sometimes what opportunities I had to present the gospel to someone and missed it because of one thing or another.. Alas, I cannot change history.
The evidence of the Holy Spirit living in you is ordered by scripture.. " The fruit of the Spirit refers to the virtues of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness (meekness, humility) and self-control.
When you display irresponsible behaviour, pride, expressions of enmity, lack of love, and other works of the flesh (Galatians. 5:19-21), you are lacking the fruit of the Spirit.
If you have been born again by the power of the Holy Spirit, you are eligible to receive the things of the Spirit of God. You must be willing to let the Holy Spirit produce these virtues within you (Gal. 5:22,23). "
Prayer is a vital ingredient here. I find myself praying all day long.
As your name or situation comes to my mind, I am praying for God's intervention in your life. We are instructed to pray without ceasing.. it comes naturally when you view the Father as just that- the omnipotent omnipresent being that He is. Awesome!
Almost daily I ask you to pray for me and for Wendell and some of our family or friends having difficulties in life.. I do this because I believe in the power of prayer. We've had too many prayers answered to not believe that they are effectual.
Have you ever had the experience of having your prayer answered as the words come from your lips?
Give thanks and praise to the Lord who has provided every little detail in your life.. bringing things and people together His way. Delaying you so you are protected from danger..So often I think..
"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"
I remember that I am loved by God and give thanks for that.
I acknowledge that the property upon which my earthly home sits does not belong to me, but has been lent to me for a season till I go to my heavenly home where God is preparing a place for me.
I've had the experience of not having a clue what to do next.. and being thrust into the arms of the Lord in blind faith. Awesome experience!!!
God is active in our lives.. we're a work in progress.. not good, but loved and saved from the wrath to come.
We reach out to him as a child reaches to his parent and trusts that parent to protect and give safety, and security. And just like a child, when we are hurt or fall down, we run to His arms for comfort.
No greater love could be expressed than someone who is willing to give his life for you. This is what Jesus did. All He requires is that you believe it.. and then live it.
Life is tough sometimes. We take abuse as Christians. We are living in a land that our forefather's claimed as 'One nation UNDER GOD'.. but that seems to be the farthest thing from our leader's minds these days.
Our constitution says we have the freedom to worship the Lord as we please..this was to prevent a 'national religion' from being installed.. but slowly, we now have a national religion.. called atheism.. denying God his glory and honor in our land.
Christians are denied the right to pray in public places. We should be alarmed... but there is apathy here.
Christians need to be awake and alert to what is happening around them.. and pray.
Enough said.

5 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Interesting thoughts. I might just add a comment from the opposite perspective - sometimes we don't realize how "unapparent" we actually are as Christians. I know the life I live before God, but sometimes even our closest friends don't realize the level of importance we place on it. A very good friend of mine once asked me a very simple question: "Do you read the Bible?" I was thinking "How long have you known me? Only almost all of my life. Of course I do? What else do I read? My husband is(was) a Seminary Student. HELLO - How could you not know that?!" But then I realized that I must not have shared enough of it with her. Little did this friend know what a profound statement she made and how it opened my eyes...

Jemit said...

That is precisely my meaning.. is there proof in our lives that we follow Jesus? WE know him in whom we believe, but do we hide it from others? We are commanded to be light before men.. so they can see Jesus in us without asking.

Jane said...

Recently, two Fox news fellows were captured and "forced" to convert to Muslim. Then they were let go. When they got back they kind of laughed about it as if they had tricked their simple-minded captors into believeing that they had meant it when they "converted.
The captors understood that they were not sincere. That was the whole point. They were showing the muslim people that the Christian and Judaic west has no substance- no driving force. Therefore, they will be easy to defeat.
It got me to thinking along the same lines as you: What would my response be if I were captured? Then we had the Bible study where Abraham and Sarai lied to Pharaoh, because they were afraid. It is important to " make our calling and electon sure."

Wendy said...

I must admit I try not to think of the horrors going on. I seem to create scenes in my mind of what they would do to my children...I always live in fear of my children being kidnapped or worse...I am not sure why I allow myself to think of these things, but it always brings me to tears. All I can hope is that I teach my children in a way that they have a personal relationship with God and that he will "never let them fall from his hand..." there is also a quote that hangs over my door that says "Children are living messages that we send to a time we will not see" by John Whitehead This is my hope that I will be able to teach my children...and claim the promises of scripture that says I will be your God and You will be my people....If I am doing what scripture commands and teaching my children "the way, the truth, and the light, then I have every reason to believe that my child is under the covenant...until that time under which they heaven forbid...become apostate. I understand that God chooses us first...but I think that HE blesses families that have a Christian Heritage...You know...seeing your childrens children...I guess I have said too much...but my kids are the only thing I can "take" to Heaven with me, and I don't worry about myself as much as I do them.

Anonymous said...

I read the various comments, and Marilyn , I believe we will soon see Jesus Christ. There are just too many events happening overseas at the moment.. you might want to check Prophecyfulfilled.com and What Herb Peters says.There is a man involved with the EU, that many Christians feel is a forerunner. We feel compelled to share Christ and His saving grace with neighbors and those in the stores, as never before.Be listening for the trumpet.