Friday, September 08, 2006

FULL MOON

Chilly here.. 56 degrees.. brrrrrrrrrrrr....I suppose that means I'll have to get my fall jacket out now. And have you seen that gorgeous full moon? Unfortunately, it brings a lot of the 'loonies' out from under rocks all over the place. I could cite example after example.. yesterday was a wonderful day, but on my way to and from work.. people pulling out in front of me made me a bit more cautious while driving. And yes, more than normal.. It seemed like a lot of folks were really on edge too. I noticed. For myself, I noticed that I dropped things more often all day.. even my patients noticed it and teased me about it.. but it wasn't normal for me to drop things so often.. nothing of value.. wrappers for alcohol swabs.. things like that.
That's the full moon.. funny. Over the years working in the hospital I have noted that the "Code Yellow" alarms go off just prior to the full moon and then a day or so after. You rarely hear that alarm till then. When I was a student nurse on my psychiatric affiliation, one of our orientation points was that we were to lock EVERYTHING in our personal closets during that week. Of course, I spent 20+ years working in the obstetrics department.. and I assure you that our busiest time of the month was...... you guessed it.. the day before the full moon~ and generally speaking, there is always a calm before the storm.
Well.. those are my observations.
I suppose now is a good time to gloat about my recent labwork. For the 1st time EVER.. my lipid profile is well within normal limits. I'm so pleased. It has to be the Vytorin that has made the difference. Here's the breakdown:
Cholesterol 174 (desirable to be <200)
Triglycerides 160 ( desirable to be 40-200)
HDL 58 (desirable to be >55)
LDL 84 (desirable to be 0-130)
the Chol/HDL ratio 3.0 (coronary risk increased with >4.0)

I'm pretty sore today. Shoulders and back are aching severely. I'm up at 3am taking Tylenol for the pain. It is likely the result of trying to break a fall for one of my patients yesterday who fainted. I was able to hang on to her and let her down fairly easily. She was uninjured by the fall~ So thankful for that. But I'm feeling the results of it myself today. In fact last night I was so sore and it wasn't time for any more Tylenol, so I went to bed before 9pm.. unusual for me.
When I got home finally last evening, I was spent. I got my car unloaded and walked in the door. Wendell was there to greet me.. but all I could say was "Please make me a cup of coffee- I'll be in the bedroom".. He kindly obliged and we sat down and talked about our day and the things that happened. There was no way I'd be able to cook supper tonite. Mandy to the rescue.. in moments she had chicken and steak on the grill.. and made us grilled chicken / steak salads.... oh...... thank you Lord for providing us with extra hands.
That's about enough rambling for now.....
Be sure to thank the One who created the moon and stars and keeps them all in order. His blessings are abundant and arrive anew every day. Pray for peace and safety as we journey through this life. God bless you all today.

No comments: