Saturday, September 30, 2006

SAY KIDS, WHAT DAY IS IT?

IT'S BUBBLE GUM DAY !!!! WOOHOO !!
Yes, today our nation is recognizing the fine art of chewing bubblegum. Bubblegum hasn't been one of my favorite pastimes, but chewing gum certainly is. I love to chew gum much to my dentist's dislike.
The act of chewing gum I believe is a stress reliever. I'm not chewing anyone out when I'm chewing my gum.
It freshens the breath and whitens the teeth... so says the package... and I believe that is also true.
Sometimes a mint gum will settle a minor upset stomach.
As a child I remember loving to buy DoubleBubblegum.. and then you got a comic on the inside of the wrapper. Oh.. I'm showing my age here I'd wager... Do they still sell Double Bubblegum with the comics?
And I remember walking to Johnson's store and buying Bubblegum Cards..you got a square of bubblegum with a card inside.. sort of like baseball cards.. Brother Bill saved the baseball cards. I think it was Jane who saved Davy Crockett Cards.. and both had quite the collection.

No comments: