Monday, September 18, 2006

IT'S MONDAY

It's Monday. I'm sort of glad the weekend is over and I can get some badly needed cleanup done here.
The weekend wasn't too bad at work.. but I am still dreaming of being able to retire one day in the near future. God will provide the time when He so chooses. Till then, I'm plugging away at gainful employment.

One of my internet buddies has sparked an interest this weekend in 'end time events'.. so with my curiosity whet, I dug in and started reading a bit more.. I chose Charles Spurgeon as my commentator..he was an ardent evangelical- 19th century. He seems to have so many easy to read essays on about anything you'd want to know about anything Biblical. I'm still reading..



In the mean time, I've been talking to my cousin Nicki too... she is still in the hospital and hopes to be discharged by Tuesday.. she feels the same way about hospitals that I do......nice place to work or visit, but don't like being a patient..don't like needles, prodding , poking or testing..... we agreed that all doctors should have to experience every test they order for their patients. I'm certain there would be far less of the horror tests at that point.
My 'horror test' I've had to endure twice is the TEE- trans esophageal echocardiogram. Though it is so much better than trans-thoracic, it's a nightmare for me- I detest having a wire passed down my gullet. They do anesthetize the throat for this.. but it tastes like kerosene and burns so badly before it takes effect... and then they give you the conscious sedation so you don't remember the rest.. Ack!! In the midst of the first one I had.. I woke up and struggled for breath..not a nice picture..and not a bit pleasant. Oh, well, thank the Lord there are such definitive tests and the results are so much better than the TTE. (but I still pray I won't have to endure another any time soon)

Today is Monday... it's to be a simply beautiful day and I'm going outside to enjoy the weather before it all goes away. Have you noticed the leaves are turning reddish? Sure sign fall is here and winter can't be far behind...
I think winter is beautiful from inside my warm home..... but when I have to drive on the icy roads, it becomes my least favorite season of all..

It's Monday..... I'm off this coming weekend..HOORAY!!! and Wendell and I are planning to go to the annual Park Picnic for families of the employees... it's a catered event.... and sure to be a great day. Paul, Amy , and the grandkids will be sharing that day with us too if we can get them all there. It'll take some planning. They had a collision with a deer about a week ago and their van will be in the repair shop over the weekend.

It's Monday...and exactly 14 Mondays till Christmas..... kind of depressing, eh? Where has 2006 gone? It seems like it just got started and I was just saying how I loved spring so much...and so much has happened this year....
and now the leaves are turning and falling to the ground.. Pretty soon there will be snowflakes in the air..
and then a new year beginning again. In March, Wendell had open heart surgery..he's still recuperating from that... and last December I had a 2nd stroke.... it's slower recuperation this time for me.. but we are healing- one day at a time.
It seems like only last week Wendy said "school is out !!" and they started their vacation..

Today is Monday and I'm not gainfully employed, but I'll be working here.. but it'll be a pleasure to do so. I'm a bit slower in this the autumn of my life, but I am functional and can still do a lot of the things I did years ago.. it just takes me a bit longer. *smile*

It is Monday... this is the day the Lord has made.. let us rejoice and be glad in it !!!
Pray for us if you would... and remember Nicki too.. she covets your prayers also.

No comments: