Friday, September 01, 2006

BLOGGING IN THE MORNING

Morning is the best time to sit down with a cup of coffee and blog. I've sort of made it my habit, and then go on to read other blogs... Wendy, JJ, Jane, Jeremy, etc.
I've found blogging to be a valuable tool to keep family and friends informed about happenings around here.
Though it's a chilly morning today, there is no rain seen yet as forecast by our local prognosticators. September is here, and that means fall is approaching rapidly followed by winter. I really wasn't bored with summer yet. It seemed like we only had a few really warm days, or was I in the air conditioning too much? We are in a Flash Flood Watch status this morning, though our home is not in a flood area. The city of Butler does flood yearly, but not to the disaster point like JJ and I observed earlier this year up in New York. They are waiting to see what Ernesto is going to bring them this weekend. Our God is awesome and powerful and He controls the winds and the rain. Pray that He will be there for Wendy and Cory, that what damages occur will be tolerable and minimal if that.
I suggest you watch Wendy's blog for more details of what is happening there, and then I'll keep my blog watch here too.
I'm gainfully employed this weekend~ it'll be a long one I'm sure.
Remember to pray daily, not just for us, but for those who will be affected by the floods..this weighs heavy on my mind and heart. I'd suggest praying for Sean too. He is going into a 'new world' much as our ancestors did years ago when they came to America. Pray that God will provide Christian friends for him there. And remember Nicki too as she struggles with cancer and makes her trips routinely to Chicago from California.

No comments: