Friday, September 22, 2006

MUST BE A GOOD DAY

It must be a good day.. things are looking up here. I got on the scales today and have lost 5 more pounds of fluid. I knew there was a loss~ my feet are looking more like MY feet.. I have very small ankles for my size, and though I can't see them yet, they are definitely moving in that direction. I think about how much 5# is..... a sack of sugar/flour.. balance one on your legs..makes you tired pretty quick, eh? Now imagine 2 of them.. 5# on each leg and hold them there... no wonder my back ached and my legs too. And there is still swelling- more to lose yet.

If I'm not too badly mistaken, today is the autumn equinox~ fall is officially here. Yesterday I had to go shopping and as I drove down the road, I saw signs for local apples for sale. Sure sign of fall...... not to mention the reddish color to many of the trees. In another week or two, they will all be beautiful colors of autumn. God provides all the seasons each with a glorious beauty of their own.
It's 48 degrees this morning with a promised high of 68. Yep, fall is here. Typical weather. I'll be getting the little heater out soon to take the chill off the bedroom in the morning. We've already been doing that in the bathroom in the morning.

Today I am gainfully employed. It's Friday, and that means the hospital will discharge half of the patients the first 4 hours of my shift, and then start admitting the second 4 hours. It happens weekly..like clockwork.

Saturday Wendell is excited about taking us to the park for a picnic. I'm looking forward to it also. He came home yesterday with the report that he'd put the big lawn tractor in the lake. Well, not as bad as it sounds.. just the back wheels. Something to do with a drive shaft that was supposed to be repaired but wasn't. They may have him wear a life jacket to mow grass in the future. Hehehehe..

Time to get moving here. Remember prayer for us and for our family, Nicki, and Uncle Bob, and Janet too. We all appreciate your love and care for us. And don't forget our world leaders including our President and Congress.
Have a super duper day! It's gonna be a good one ~!

No comments: