Thursday, September 21, 2006

BRRRRR.. CHILLY !

No, we didn't have frost, but it's not too far into our future. The radio says it was 44 degrees this morning.. and won't get to much more than 64 today...Brrrrrrrrr !!!! Chilly!!!

Again I have much to accomplish for the day. My relief nurse is working today and I'll work for her in the office next Thursday. I'm enjoying the day off.

I get more and more curious as the radio commentaries cover the news of our President being degraded at the UN. The coverage is so anti-American.. as if the world were laughing at him.
What makes me curious are the members of Congress- the deafening silence from all of them in coming to his defense. Does that bother anyone else?
And then the reports of a large Anti-Iranian near riot outside the UN that wasn't even covered by our press corp?? Does THAT bother anyone?
Well, how about the threats to our nation?? to destroy us. These people are open and evil.
They say they have the nuclear weapons inside the US already and are just waiting for the word to detonate...... the Pakistani reporter that wrote in his media to all Muslims in America to get out now.. especially New York and Washington DC. Our country seems to be sitting back in apathy. Does this bother you? It bothers me. I keep wondering what God has planned for us. I pray He keeps us in safety.
Above all, remember that though men may threaten and make frightening statements, Our God is still the One in control of this world. That should comfort our hearts , but cause fear and dread in the unbeliever.

Okay... off my soapbox and on with the day.

Pray for peace in our land and in the world. Pray for our leaders and all world leaders- that their hearts would turn to Christ.
Pray for us- we have many health issues .. and remember Janet who faces more surgery, and Nicki and Bob who are struggling with illness also.

No comments: