Thursday, November 16, 2006

THE COUNTDOWN IS ON

The countdown to Thanksgiving Day is on.. starting today.. just one week from today we will be having our annual dinner together, as will most everyone in our nation. With persecution of Christians, I wonder how much longer our nation will recognize a Day of Thanks to our Lord?
Valentines are planning to arrive on Tuesday. The week will go fast. I've promised Isaac and Essie that I would have pomegranates, or what they call 'Indian Apples'. They had them last year for Thanksgiving and loved them. It was a special request along with a request for shrimp cocktail. Woohoo!! The plan is to have several large trays of shrimp for the big meal. I won't be making myself chicken again this year. Since I can't eat turkey, I'll have a hearty serving of shrimp.. yummy!
The menu has been planned by Wendy and JJ- they do a fabulous job.

I am gainfully employed today and tomorrow and then the vacation begins. I'm planning on sleeping in on Saturday morning.. no alarm clock for me! When I get up, I'll be cleaning up around the house in preparation for hopefully having the local grandchildren- Joyce, Paul, and Daniel for Sunday night and Monday. We have some last minute shopping to do before Thanksgiving, shower, and Christmas. I have a lot of crafts to do yet with them, but they'll have to be on hold. You can do only so much in one day.
Friday is a baby shower for Amy and Paul's new baby due just before Christmas. Just a few more weeks before we get to meet her in person. We are soooooo excited!

Today I'm thankful for my grandchildren and am noting Paul and Amy in particular. Always there to lend a hand with whatever our needs might be.. cars, helping with food prep, and just being available.. Their generosity is more than notable. Thank you for all you do and just for being there. The grandchildren have been such a blessing to us. Cheerful children who are healthy and active and smart too!

I'm asking for prayer today for Paul and Amy and especially for the children.. all the children including the little one who will make her debut in December. Pray for an easy and safe delivery for both Amy and the little girl who is #8 grandchild.
How very blessed we are..
Tomorrow.. more things/people for whom to be thankful.

No comments: