Monday, November 20, 2006

VACATION DAY #3 COMES TO A CLOSE

Tomorrow is the day our Valentines arrive from the NY area. WOOHOO!! Everyone is excited. They won't arrive till late and will be staying at Keith and JJs house. The room is now ready for them.

Today I took my local grandchildren (3 out of 4) shopping for Christmas. I gave them a limit to spend, and they went out with a list of 4-5 people to buy for on a piece of paper. Each one was responsible for buying a gift from all of them to whomever was on their personal list. The results were wonderful. They really are super shoppers..well, for the most part. They were thoughtful about their purchases, and more than once I heard them sigh and say "oh,no..I'm over budget"..and put an item back so they could buy something else.. hehehe
At the end of shopping, I told them each to select the gift wrap they wanted and tags too. They didn't choose the expensive ones thankfully, but what they got was grand! I loved all of the choices. On the way home I stopped at BK and got them supper. They had a big job ahead- wrapping their packages and labeling them as they went. I must say, they did do well. They were still wrapping when Mom and Dad arrived to take them to their classes tonite. We discussed the fact that they would take their gifts home with them, but had to put them away carefully in a hiding place till Christmas. They sure were excited. This was Treat of the Month for them. I need to do a project or two with the NY grandkids when they get here- I'm prepared. Perhaps in the spring I'll go for a visit and we'll go shopping for their new baby brother when he arrives.
Well, it was a great day.. we've accomplished a lot today and I'm pleasantly tired. Day #4 coming up tomorrow- it's get ready day.. shopping for groceries needed for Thanksgiving and the baby shower. Got my list ready- Mandy and I will go when she gets home from work tomorrow evening. In the mean time, I'll be cleaning up my craft stuff and laundry from the living room.
Going to bed.. ahhhh...sweet sleep awaits.

No comments: