Thursday, November 23, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!!


This is the day my country thanks the Lord for the plenty that we experience 364 days of the year- Would that we would ALL be thankful EVERY day instead of just one day a year. Scripture is full of suggestions/commands to give thanks to the Lord.
What is your menu plan for today? Anything unusual? Traditional? We always have turkey, even though I can't eat it- I am intolerant of it. I'd rather have chicken anyway, and last year we hit on shrimp which makes me really happy. We have 2 trays of shrimp to take this afternoon to Keith and JJ's. I can remember years gone by when for years we had parsnips- not my favorite by a long shot, but we grew them in the garden for just that purpose.
JJ says we are also having ham this year- wow!!!
No Thanksgiving dinner is complete without pie.. it's probably the only time of year we have pie and /or pumpkin dessert for sure. I bought Cool Whip, and so did Charlie- it is his job to supply pie this year, and Amy is to bring her delicious pumpkin pie dessert.
I remember growing up that when I woke up in the morning, Dad had the Macy Thanksgiving Day parade on. We loved that- even before color TV. Uh-oh... showing my age here...hehehehe
Well.. it's about time for me to hit the shower and get dressed.
I thank the Lord for you in my life and pray for His continued blessings and mercy with us. I'm thankful for Wendell and that God has spared him to extend his life for us. He is precious to me and to the family.
Pray for peace today and in all the world- pray for God's spirit to rest in hearts of the enemies of our land and in our hearts too.

No comments: