Monday, November 13, 2006

I HAD A VIRUS....UGH

It started out to be a busy day. I had planned to attend a funeral and then go on to work for the remainder of the day. However...... I didn't sleep much at all last night. In fact, about 2 hours I'd guess. The sleep was restless. At 2am I was awake and exhausted and my stomach was definitely not a happy camper. I tried a cup of hot tea and some crackers.. but that wasn't what it wanted.. it just made it more upset.
The alarm went off and I got up. UGH..... I felt so miserable- like I'd not had any sleep at all and my stomach was still churning. So, I tried having breakfast with some coffee.. not a good idea. Now I ached and I could feel my breakfast, light as it was, still sitting there angrily.
I knew I'd never get to the funeral at this rate. So I hopped in the shower figuring it always makes the aching ease- but , no, not this time.
You know that 'crawly' feeling you get when you have a virus? Well, I must have a virus.
I pulled myself together and went into the office to try to work. I got about a half hour in before I gave up. No point pushing myself when I felt so crappy and why pass it on to the girls in the office when they are shorthanded anyway.
So I went back home and went to bed and to sleep until 4pm.. It was a sound sleep. I must have needed it.
Tonite I'm feeling some better. I hope it's passing. Last night I slept under 2 large comforters and shivered all night long. Not at all like me. I like the fan on at night even in the dead of winter. I like a breeze in the room.
Wendell is doing so much better. He's eating more varied foods and his GI tract is not acting up too much, though he's still taking the Lomotil twice a day.

Wendy- maybe you should do a post on what everyone is supposed to bring for Thanksgiving since you hold the list. Eh??
Charlie knows he's to bring the pies.

Do you realize it is just 6 weeks to Christmas?? AAACCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!
I do have some shopping done with money I've saved for the kids over the summer. I still have some to do, but have to watch our pennies since Wendell will be on layoff starting the end of Thanksgiving week. He's going to try to sign up to continue his unemployment from last year.
Anyway, I think I 'm going to try to shop online for a few gifts this year. I have never done that, so it should be fun. As I was looking at a catalog online, I found a beautiful US flag throw for our Old Glory room. (no comments, Keith) . I'm going to try to get that for our new place next year as well as a free standing tissue holder for the bath. Well, it's a start. I can't buy too much ahead because there is nowhere to store it at the moment. But it's fun to look.

Looking to a great day tomorrow.. and no more virus. It's getting closer to vacation. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

I'll send you a website for some of your shopping...