Friday, November 03, 2006

IT'S FRIDAY..WOOHOO!!

It's Friday..... no , we didn't have any snow.. but it's cold here.. I believe it was 32 degrees.
I actually felt cold this morning.
It was a tiring day at the office yesterday. I didn't spend much time online before I went to bed. But not before waiting for a phone call from the Valentines to find out the gender of our youngest grandchild. Elijah Joshua is due the end of March. Yeah.. it's a boy. Congratulations to all of the Valentines.

You might all like to check out the latest bloggers.. see the column to the right of this page. You can't leave comments yet.. but the first post is there. WOO HOO !!! Welcome to the world of blogging John and Mandy !

Wendell's colonoscopy is now scheduled. He didn't want it Thanksgiving week, so the next available spot was Dec 7.. I took that one for him. He'll be on lay off the end of Thanksgiving week, so this works well. He won't have to take a day off work.

Elections are coming up rapidly. Don't forget to vote. By times, the candidates are difficult to choose.. but use your head and vote wisely. I've done research on the candidates.. including the Constitution party members running in my district. I really think we need to consider Christians for elected officials. Orie and Hagberg are Christians.
I went so far as to write to the candidates via emails.. I asked 2 questions of them.
1. What is your stand on gun control?
2. What is your stand on abortion?
These may seem like dumb questions, but they have reason to them.. at least in my mind.
First, those who do not support the Constitution of our land .. those who have their own agenda for the United States will seek to take guns from the honest people of this nation leaving us with only criminals holding guns. Disarming a nation of peaceful people will not lead to a lower crime rate.. just the opposite. If you want to take away my Constitutional right to own arms if I so desire, then I don't want you in office. It means you'll take away other rights in the near future. I can't fight back.
Secondly, and maybe more important.. if you have no respect for a fetus (a live human in utero), if you would seek to murder these defenseless little ones who have never done a thing to harm you, then you have no respect for any humanity. It is an evil practice. I don't want YOU in office either. Babies, the elderly come next..the infirm.. what is next? Could it be those who don't follow your agenda?
I did get replies from several candidates, but I appreciated the two I mentioned above who aren't ashamed of their faith in God.
Ultimately, I've been praying for God to be in control of the elections and to protect those who love Him and know Him. To protect us from those who would seek to change the votes to suit their desires. It's possible and likely too that there will be problems with the computerized voting machines. Pray for honest men in office who care for 'the people' and their futures.
I am going to admit here, and perhaps I'm out of line, but I have been praying for months for confusion among those who in their arrogance would defy our Lord and who oppose Him. Just as quickly, however, I pray for their hearts to be changed and for their conversion. I suppose I'm only one person praying for these things, but we are instructed to pray for our enemies and those who oppose the Truth.
Enough for now..
Have a lovely Friday.. the weekend is upon us.. in a few hours. As for me, I'm gainfully employed..

No comments: