Sunday, November 12, 2006

DREARY DAY..ANOTHER ONE

With fall comes a large number of 'dreary' days as a prelude to winter. It gets us acclimated to being chilly in the morning and most of the day. Occasionally, there is a warm day .. not really warm, but tolerable. Today is one of those days.. dark, windy and wet. The temp is 38 at the moment with a promise of 41 degrees as a high today.
I think to myself.. "that rain could easily be snow".. and then thank the Lord for rain. Amazing how sometimes it can be dreary on the outside and sunny in my heart.

Today I am gainfully employed. I'll be going down to the funeral home before going to work. I'll be late arriving at my job, but then, I've already alerted my boss of that. Monday is the funeral and I'll be attending that also and then going to work directly after. I have wonderful employers who are understanding and helpful to me.

Wendell is improving some.. he went to church today. Amen. He's been having better days slowly but surely.
He has a 10 day work stretch coming up that ends in a layoff. He arranged that stretch to be off for Thanksgiving and have a few days with the grandkids ... all of them.
I have a vacation week starting next Sabbath that goes till the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Happy Day !!

Gotta get ready for work here. Have a super day, blog-buddies.
Pray for Uncle Bob who is still in the hospital with his leg problems.. and remember Doris as she has lost her husband this past week.. and give thanks that Aunt MaryJane is improving steadily, and Wendell too.
Will look for a good report this week about Janet. Remember Nicki too..

No comments: