Tuesday, November 14, 2006

YET ANOTHER DREARY DAY

I'm amused by the Mountain Laurel.. The weather seems so dreary, but it wants to bloom again. I have to say that in the middle of winter, it has always brought a smile to my face to see the delicate white flowers blooming.
It is a small piece of beauty in the dreariness of late fall when all the leaves are on the ground, trees bared, and dark drizzly days- such as today. My vibrant red burning bush has gone out and no color remains.
It's 42 degrees this morning, but the promise is 50.. we'll see.

Yesterday I was fighting a virus. After sleeping for 8 more hours last night, I'm starting to feel some better. I sure hope I didn't pass that on to anyone. My appetite isn't back with any amount of strength, but toast and coffee will be my breakfast this morning. I'll try for a more nourishing lunch. Maybe some chicken soup.

Gainful employment is on my agenda today. The hospital awaits my presence at 3pm. It'll take me hours to pull myself together, just because the virus has left me feeling a bit weak. Muscles are still achy..enter Tylenol.
I have to stop for water, coffee creamer, and bread today on the way to work. I haven't bought milk in weeks since Wendell's GI upset. The doctor has him off milk.

Off to start my day. Pray for continued strength and health for Wendell and me if you would. No new news about how Uncle Bob is doing. Last I heard, he was still in the hospital, not much better, but not worse. The report from Jane on Aunt MaryJane was that she was doing much better, but still not home yet. Pray for quick and complete healing for Janet too. Remember Nicki as she continues her treatments and has to fly frequently to accomplish these.
Thanksgiving week is coming up- just a week from this Thursday.
I'm thankful for my incredibly wonderful children and family and for my husband who loves me despite all my faults and shortcomings.

No comments: