Tuesday, November 21, 2006

THEY ARE HERE! THEY ARE HERE!


I feel like Paul Revere.. warning the citizens..'The British are coming!' In this case it is our Valentines.
Tomorrow we will get to see them. I'm going to hit the sack pretty quick.
VACATION DAY #4
I got up fairly early this morning, got washed, dressed and made the coffee. I sat down to relax with my first cup when there was a lot of noise outside. It was a fork lift delivering shingles and supplies for our roof! There it sets in the front yard right in front of the door. It's okay.. anything to make life simpler for the roofers. They will be here likely tomorrow. I expect a crew bright and early. They say it will be done in one day.
Hooray!!
I had something curious happen to me today.. I went to the local mini mart to get gas in my car and when it was done pumping it read out 7.777 gal and the bill was $17.57.. When I went in, I commented on this rash of 7's, and she yelled and nearly fainted.. odd. She said she checked the gallons in that pump this morning and it was 777 gallons.. and then she yelled "It's gonna hit!!!".. I laughed. "You are crazy if you don't play that number" she said. I smiled and explained that I don't believe in luck and I don't gamble- And I don't. I trust God to supply all our needs whatever they are. Sometimes it's hard and I wonder just what He has in mind. I think of it as sort of like when you were a child and your dad packed you into the car but didn't tell you where you were going.. Anyone remember those times? You didn't know the destination, but Dad was driving and so it had to be somewhere really great.. and that's how I look at the control God has over my life. I know the ultimate destination but sometimes the roads I walk to get there are really strange to me. But it's always good in the end.

Anyway.. I cleaned house today.. didn't get done, but even John had to admit I'd made a dent in it. There was obvious change.
Later, when Mandy got home, we went out to get groceries for Thursday and Friday- we got everything home and safely put away.
Wendy just called.. right now they are at JJ and Keith's house. Finally they are here. Let the fun begin..

Lots to pray for today.. Amy has hip pain.. please remember to pray for her- she's about 35 days from delivery.
Janet had her surgery- doing okay as of last word.. Aunt Mary Jane may be home for the holiday..Give thanks big time for these things.. Remember Nicki and Uncle Bob too.. Give thanks that Valentines arrived safely.
Little David is under the weather.. and Daniel too.. Pray for swift recovery
Wendell is still struggling with a chest cold- continue to pray for him also.
I'm thankful for you..
Tomorrow? more things to be thankful for.. you'll have to wait to find out

No comments: