Saturday, November 18, 2006

VACATION STARTED LAST NIGHT

Hoopty-Do !!! My vacation started when I clocked out last night at the hospital. Off for a whole week !!!!
I didn't set my alarm clock this morning, but I still woke up at 8:30am..
Just 4 more days till THANKSGIVING !
I'm dying to know how the hospital award banquet went last night. JJ and Keith went. It was at Heinz Field.
JJ has her 5 years in there now.. I have over 30 but have never been to an awards dinner. Maybe the next one, eh?
WEATHER REPORT: it is 37 degrees here this morning...brrrrrrr... the promise is for 43 degrees as a high today...again.. brrrrrrr.. at this rate, I am going to have to get out my winter coat. Say, Cozasalad.. how is the weather on the west coast?? Perhaps Gwimm would let us know how things are in Michigan?? Any snow on the ground yet? It is nearly December, you know.
Now, related to the weather is what happened in NY this past week.. I'm hoping Wendy will blog a bit about the details.. but just so all are aware, there was some major flooding there this week and it was anticipated that it would be more devastating than June's floods. Their home area was declared a disaster area.. mud slides and high raging water brought more problems to the area. Cory had been stranded at school that evening till after 8pm. He did get home around 8:30. Still haven't had any word on the Owego Church?
Their home was unharmed. So today I'm thankful for that and that everyone got home safely that night.
I'm thankful for all the family and friends who prayed for them too..
Uncle Bob has returned home from the hospital- he will be resuming his treatments now at home. I think I'm very very thankful for that. I'm praying that Aunt MaryJane will be able to be home for Thanksgiving. Time will tell.
I'm thankful for the Valentines. They live up on the PA/NY border and give me the opportunity to visit other parts of the state I live in and a little of NY too. I love talking on the phone to them weekly/daily.. and hearing Gaylie sing and laugh- she's a very happy little girl; and to hear Essie tell me about school and what she's doing at that moment; and Isaac too when he gets a chance to be on the phone. They are planning to be here this coming week for a few days over the holiday. Pray for traveling mercy for them.
It was Wendy who got the blogs going in the family- to keep closer touch with each other.. and pass pictures along too.
Well, it's time for me to get off my lazy bones and get dressed for the day.. lots to do here. Have a super duper day !
I'M ON VACATION !!! WOO HOO!

No comments: