Monday, June 04, 2007

ANOTHER LOVELY DAY

It's muggy today.. likely from the rain of last evening.. Lake Blair has not made an appearance yet. I know this because I walked out the driveway and brought the empty garbage can in. Everything has a moistness to it now including the flowers.. and I forgot to put holes in the bottom of my cakepan when I planted my parsley, so it was a bit soppy.. I dumped off the excess. The warmth of the day should help dry it up some. The flowers are loving it!!

Today's efforts were first toward decluttering and picking up the living room.. done. I set my timer and finished long before it went off. Then I moved on to that cabinet that held miscellaneous items.. I'm almost embarrassed to say what I found in it.. and wouldn't mention it if it didn't amuse me so.. Sometime last fall, I put the extra raw potatoes in a plastic container, slipped it into my canner, and closed the door on the cabinet. They didn't rot.. no odor at all.. but what happened was that they put out roots and entwined themselves through everything in the cabinet which, thankfully, wasn't a lot. I had to toss them, but found it quite incredible that I'd not opened that cabinet for some time and then found what I did. The cabinet is now cleaned out and the new home of baking pans and cooking pots, cassarole dishes, and the like. I kept my favorite deep frying pan out and it's home will be off the stove and into the oven where I can grab it in a hurry.
I found about 6 2 liter bottles of sugar free soda in that cabinet too. At one time we kept the drinks in cans and bottles there.. The bottles were just pushed to the back of the cabinet when I put the canner in. Either the canner will go to the basement until needed, or under the kitchen sink. Not sure at this point.

Another job for the day was sweeping the ceiling.. well.. not the whole ceiling, but the cobwebs that had crept in since the last time.. not a lot.. a few.. I must have done this fairly recently..

Question of the day is .. where do I put the crock pot and the waffle iron.? We do use them frequently.. the crockpot at least once/wk and the waffle iron at least twice a week.. They sit on the counter now.. Where can I put them out of sight but close enough to grab when I need them?

I got an email this morning that told the story of a woman who had a 'thing' about how toilet paper was put on the holder.. I found this story most amusing and I could have been the author.. at one point in my life (for many years actually) I could be a raving maniac over just that one thing.. I had no control over anything in my life but a dopey roll of TP that I wanted hung the way I wanted it... It was a real hard struggle raising children who thought it humorous to put it on just the opposite, stand back and watch Mom's face turn as red as her hair.
One day in a fit of pure rage over just this one issue, I threatened to ground JJ for a year if she but dared defy me again.. how absurd. I look back at these things and laugh.. I was a perfectionist over a roll of toilet tissue!
HAH! I do put the paper on the way I like it yet, but if someone puts it on the opposite way, I'll not be upset or angry.. I simply remove it and change it to suit my preferences. No more rage..
I am learning now that I dont' need to be perfect in what I do.. I just need to do things.. and when I do, there is progress.. not perfection. It's a good thing.
The weekend brought us pots, pans, baking dishes, etc all piled up on the stove.. I couldn't get to the thing to do any cooking.. thankfully we grilled out yesterday. This morning, all those items have a new home.. all clean and shiny. I stood back and looked.. yep.. not perfect, but progress..

Have a wonderful day bloggers.. Remember to pray.. keep up your communication with the Lord who made you and controls every facet of your life.

No comments: