Monday, June 18, 2007


Sunny and warm today.. no snow, no ice.. yippee!!! It makes me glad.
I've finished the morning routines and we had breakfast. Then I swept the porch and the walkway- I see the chickens have been here and left their signature. UGH! Charlie has been tilling the garden, so I'd think they'd want to survey that area with overturned soil.. but no.. they like the flower beds better..????
I swept down some cobwebs from the siding on the house and displaced a couple of spiders. I try not to disturb the ones who hide well, as they do keep the insect population down. But to try to walk in the front door with a little spider above my head gives me chills.

So I've been reading emails and blogging on my break.. and the next item on the agenda is 15' in the bedroom decluttering. It's going to take all week, but I don't mind. Every thing that is removed or put in it's place is an improvement and signifies progress. That's what it's all about anyway. I've been thinking about how God has things planned in His perfect timing. This week my assistant requested that I let her work Wednesday and Thursday and that I work next week for her instead. Perfect! I will have lots of 15' decluttering sessions this week, and this is the room that is going to be my biggest challenge. I agreed to this schedule before I knew that this would be 'the week'.
First place I'm going to hit is the closet. I have to have somewhere to put clothes that are folded neatly on my bed waiting to be worn. I have many old things I'm going to dispose of.. things no one would wear even if they had the chance. They have been in the closet over a year. .... likely dusty too.

Gainful employment is on my agenda today too. I will have plenty of time to get ready for work after my 'sessions' this morning. I think I'll hold that linen closet shelf for tomorrow.
Yesterday I cleaned off the kitchen table again.. a real hot spot in the making.. and then put a small bouquet of wild daisies on it in a vase. So pretty. Of course, there are other 'hot spots' that need attention throughout the house , but on the whole, things look peaceful and clean. That's a plus.

My back is not bad this morning. All the pain is in the one SI joint again, and not too bad. It's tolerable.
Pray for our country and leaders..for renewed hearts that turn away from evil and acknowledge the Lord as saviour and king. Pray for peace in the mid-east and in our country too. Pray that God's will would be done swiftly. Pray for us...
.

No comments: