Wednesday, June 27, 2007

LAKE BLAIR RISES AGAIN

As I write, we have been having a terrific thunderstorm capable (so the report says) of 60mph winds, cloud to ground lightning, and nickel sized hail. I didnt' see much lightning, but the wind blew hard for a while and the rain came straight down and has filled Lake Blair to capacity+.. and it's still raining. Wonderful wet rain.

It reminded me of one of the Psalms I have been reading..
Psalm 147:7-8
"Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp.
He covers the sky with clouds, he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."

We are so blessed to have a loving God who sends rain and makes the plants grow.

I had a kind of rough day today. I thought I had PT this morning and the rest of the day to myself. Ahem...I was mistaken. One of my routines I do every morning is look at my calendar to see what I have scheduled for myself. Good thing I was faithful about this today. I had a dental appointment at 11:20am, and PT scheduled for 2:15pm. I went to the dentist and had my teeth cleaned. Oh, that has to be the best feeling.. She said I had a minute cavity on one of my teeth that she wants to correct. That'll be in September. She's a busy dentist. Then, we discussed the 2 teeth that have chipped. Not badly, but chipped nonetheless.. and I've decided to go ahead and have them crowned. My insurance is fabulous and pays for nearly the whole thing. With retirement coming up in January, I figure I'd better get this done before they give out in February next year. The hygenist mentioned to me that it is always so nice when I come in for cleaning.. she has little to do. I am very good about flossing several times a day and brushing at least twice a day.

I got out of the dentist's office at 1pm. We had just enough time to get home and get a sandwich and go to PT. We made a plan to help Amy get her van.. everything in order. But on the way home, my stomach started to complain, and by the time I was home, I was feeling rather ill. We got in the car before dry heaves changed my mind about going to PT.. I called them even as I sat in the car. It was 30 minutes before my scheduled appointment. I was hard pressed to know what to do, but one thing sure.. I didn't want to puke in the PT office.
So I cancelled and went directly to bed. I must have been there 45 seconds when the phone rang and I had to get some needed information out in the kitchen for the office.. and then back to bed for another 45 seconds till I had to get up and put the windows up in my car when I heard crashing thunder... Wendell asked Jane to watch the grandkids while he took Amy to get the van. Boy,.. I was bummed. I really wanted to see the kids today.
But I didn't want to pass to them what I guess I got from Wendell, as he was sick yesterday.

I'm feeling much better tonite.. the nausea has passed totally. I ate supper.

Tomorrow is office and it is a busy schedule. I am looking forward to it and have paperwork to complete tonite before I go in. All the patients have been called and alerted to their appointments. I look forward to seeing them all.

I'll be moving along now. The storm seems to have passed. I can blow out my storm candle.

Oh.. one more item. I have a new blog called Jemit Kids.. it's all pictures of our children growing up and even now. I like the idea. I tried to put the photos on the one called Our children , but apparently I gave it another password, and can't re-access it. So the new blog and the old are both there. Enjoy ! Leave comments if you wish, but remember they are moderated by me, so they don't appear until I say they will. It protects the blog from spam.. and I had a lot of it at first.

Have a great evening bloggers!
Pray for our congress that they make the right choice against amnesty. and Pray for us too..
_

No comments: