Saturday, June 16, 2007

Tomorrow is Father's Day. I thought it would be nice to have Paul and company over for a picnic. We had beautiful weather. We grilled hot dogs and burgers.. and I made the kids Angel Food corn dogs which they loved- I put them in the fryer to cook.. yummy! Then I fried some popcorn chicken.. it was pretty good too.
I decided to make special salads today.. My usual macaroni salad, and then one special macaroni salad for Wendell who doesn't like eggs in it.. hmmmm I had called Wendy earlier in the day to get the recipe for asparagus salad.. whoa.. so easy.. and I had fresh asparagus. It was really very good. The dressing was fresh lemon squeezed over asparagus and tiny tomatoes.. mmmmmmm...good! The other salad was made with sliced cucumber, thinly sliced red onion, a few slices tomatoes, and tiny chunks of mozzarella cheese. The dressing was a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.. again.. yummy !! Icy cold watermelon and lots of Jane's home made pizelles made the dessert. Later, we had ice cream cones, of course.



David found the bag of blocks in the extra room.. He and Joyce played with them building whatever they could..
I was delighted when they picked them all up when they were done, and put them away.. great job, guys !


I seem to have a hard time getting Daniel to sit still enough to take his picture.. he's on the move constantly, and before I snap the picture.. he's gone... this one made him sit still for a little bit.. when he asked to hold Annabelle for a while. He did a good job with her.

Here she is in close up.. she is still teething.. 2 little teeth are erupted, but she bites on whatever is available. I saw her tonite biting the picnic table.. ouch !!! That really is hard.

No comments: