Friday, June 01, 2007

SURPRISE !

I had planned on being gainfully employed today.. SURPRISE !!! I got everything together and went out to my car and sat down, belted up, closed the door, and turned on the ignition.. the cellphone rang.. it was from my department at the hospital. "Would you like to take call for the whole evening?"... why, YES! I WOULD!
I can do this once in a while rather than take just 2-4 hours in a pay. Wonderful! I'm in shock. I came inside, put my lunch/supper away along with my little thermal bag.. put my purse on a chair in the living room so if I do get called I can scoop it up as I go out the door. I came into the bedroom, turned on the computer, and here I am.
AMAZING ! Well ! I have a 30 minute job of decluttering I'm about to start in the bedroom.. it's in front of my closet. I'll be doing that presently. It's been nagging at me.. it just is such an eyesore...and I have that "bull in the china shop syndrome" so I'm knocking things down all the time.
The really nice thing about being off today is that I also am off the weekend.. WOOHOO!!! A 3 day weekend off!
I can scarcely believe this.. and on a Friday too. I'm not going to question this any further.. but I do thank the Lord who has provided this day off for me. It is such perfect timing. But then, everything the Lord does is in perfect timing. I'll not waste the time.

It's 84 degrees outside.. I have been a busy little bee today already. I've watered the plants outside since we didn't get the rain that threatened last evening... and the laundry is picked up and ready- JJ says she'll come for it tonite. I decided to not do any declutter today since I had to concentrate on getting myself ready for work.. that's physically AND mentally. So after lunch I sat down and worked on my planning journal. I added phone numbers to the back of the book.. and after my declutter session this afternoon, I'll work on the address section too. Everything in one spot. Organized and doing my routines.. everything in order. I'm feeling very good about this. I feel like I am being successful in everything I do.
The tub in the bathroom has had a rough time- it gets rusty looking and it's a real killer to remove. So 3 days ago I got myself some super duper cleaning stuff, and each day and evening I apply it to a small section, and lo and behold, it's working. My little spot of 1 square foot has increased to 2x3 feet and I'm still working on it. It'll take a while.. maybe even a few weeks, but little by little, it's coming off, and what is there is nice and clean looking.

So, off I go.. have a super day, bloggers.. I'll connect later..

******

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Try using SOS pads on the bathtub. I used that years ago to clean in there and it worked amazingly well and did not scratch the surface as you might expect.