Friday, June 22, 2007

QUIET DAY

It's been a busy but quiet day. This morning I went to PT and did my exercises with mostly ease. There is one that causes my left hip to complain, so I do very few of them, but all the others are in good form.
I worked on my office schedule too, and when Mandy got up she wanted to go to the funeral home and needed us to go along.. which we did. It is so good to see so many of the family together, though I'd prefer a wedding or happier occasion.
We stopped at a favorite pizza place in Natrona Heights to have an early supper, and then on to home- Mandy had to work.
I finished getting my schedule straight for next week, and then decided to go outside and sit on the swing.. It was then that I went for the camera and decided to take a walk around the yard..It ended up a walk around the perimeter and I did well. I took photos of the wild life here and the flowers..

This is actually a flower box at the end of the house.. These beautiful littlel gems are supposed to love a lot of sunlight, but they are in the shade most of the day. They seem to be thriving .. The green leaves right up front on the picture is my peony plant. I only have one, and every year it blooms one flower. Mandy doesn't like the plant because it has to have ants to open the bud up.

On the porch is a pot of plants given to me by my boss for National Nurses' week.. It was in a much smaller pot when I brought it home, but it grew so fast it needed a bigger pot not long after.


Pansies.. aren't they just the cutest things? They are also in a pot at the other side of the porch. I think their faces are so sweet.


At the end of the driveway is a huge tractor tire with our house number on a rock in the midst of it. Behind it is a trellis and the climatus grows there. This is the first flower of the season. It's a beauty.

On the picnic table sets 2 more pots, but these ones are salad tomatoes and the 2 plants are loaded with them. It's hard to wait for them to turn red.

No comments: