Friday, June 08, 2007

It looks like another beautiful day coming up.. it's already 78 degrees and it's not 9am. The high is to be 86 today with a chance of scattered showers. It's grand.
Today begins the 3 day weekend of gainful employment. It's all good. I can do this. I looked at my little train above that keeps track of my days left before retirement, and it's moved again. For others, it's just a nearly imperceptible move.. to me, a giant leap! It means I'm still heading for retirement and it gives me encouragement.
One baby step at a time.. inching along, but moving toward my goal nonetheless.

I read my 6 (actually 7) chapters of Psalms this morning. I am learning a lot each time I read these words. Today, it has occured to me that I do a lot of praying all day long. I pray over this and that and ask for so much. And I believe that it is what God wants us to do.. keep communication lines open and talk with Him. It's more than that.. There are promises in his Word. Promises for me and for our future.. the key to unlock the promises is prayer. I guess I knew that but never thought about it in those terms.
Prayer is the most powerful tool we as Christians have. It is powerful. I have a feeling that there are people who pray because it's expected of them, but deny the power thereof, not directly, but indirectly. Praying with the knowledge that God is alive and well and hearing every word and responding is something of which we should be constantly aware. Believing that there is power in the words we pray.. and expecting to have answers.
Do we act like He is going to answer directly? I'm praying every day over a new home for Wendell and me. My action? Do I believe? I'm packing. I'm packing and planning a move. I believe it's God's will for us.

God provides 'bumps in the road' along life's way..some are simply devastating to us, but these are well planned by Him to draw us closer to Him. Left on our own, we would have no purpose in our lives and lose our way.. for eternity. Just as a child runs to his parent when they are in trouble, scared, or fall down.. we should be running to our Father in heaven to ask forgiveness when we fail, when we feel frightened, and make requests known to Him. He's a loving Father.
Praising and thanking the Father for all the gifts he gives us daily should be a matter of correct response. You receive a gift from another person.. the response is "thank you" or to write them a note of thanks.. it indicates your gratefulness. How much more do we owe God who supplies all our needs .. if we but ask?
I wonder how much you believe in the power of prayer? Do you really believe it has that power. I can personally attest to the fact that it does. I don't think I 've even begun to see what power there is in that tool.
But I know it's there.
We live in a world that seems to have evil at every turn.. it seems as though evil has been unleashed upon the entire world.. that man thinks that good is evil and evil is good. It causes me some amount of confusion to think that way. What has happened ? I pray that God will turn the hearts of these wicked men in powerful places.. either that, or to confound them so that they cannot think at all. Either way.. I pray thankfully that God controls the world even yet. He knows what is best. There is a remnant of those who love Him and serve Him.
We are commanded to pray for our leaders.. those in power. How else can God function in their lives when they are in such denial of His existance.
Some of the most frequently used words in scripture are "fear not".. but we fear. Just like children. What to do?
Pray. Earnestly pray for God's peace and guidance. Know for sure that He is in control and loves and protects his own.
Practically every day I ask you to pray for us. I do that even today as I'm writing in this blog. It's an important part of our lives. Just to be mentioned before the throne of God daily by someone brings me joy. I know there is healing and peace there.
Gotta get on with the day.. it's a glorious one.. did I mention that before. Praise God for the day.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
*

No comments: