Monday, June 11, 2007

ONE TIRED COOKIE

Yep.. that's me.. one tired cookie. It's been a long 3 day weekend of gainful employment.. but I made it and it's over. YIPPEE!!! I seem to lose so much sleep on these stretches. I end up exhausted at the final evening. I put my name in for on call/ off for today, but, alas.. I was the only one scheduled again. And of course, it was busy.
The charge person told me I could leave at 10pm if we got no admits by then. There was no night secretary, so I had to stick around to see what would happen. Wouldn't you know.. 10pm on the nose.. they called an admit. Well, my best layed plans were thwarted, but I'm sure God had good reason for it.
I did leave at 11:10.. just a few minutes early. I got home and made coffee, shined the kitchen sink, decluttered the kitchen table and headed to the bathroom. I'm skipping the dishwasher tonite as there aren't enough dishes there to warrant running the machine. So I'm ready for bed now and just wanted to sit down to blog a bit.

It's a beautiful evening. A starry night with a few light clouds.. lots of shining stars though. They are so beautiful- God's handiwork. He says He has named them all. That reminds me of ads I've seen that ask you to send money and they'll name a star after you. I don't think there are any left after God has named them all. Don't waste your money.
It also reminds me of the Psalm that says 'the spacious heavens declare the Glory of the Lord'..
Tomorrow is going to be a super busy day.. getting up early, routines and then to the Pain Clinic by 11am. Following that I'll have to grab a quick lunch and head to PT for some ice/TENS/ and exercise. It'll be worth it.
I also have to get some prescriptions filled and then on tot he grocery store for some water and other essentials.
By the time I get home, it'll be nearly time for supper.. not sure about what we are having for certain. I'll think about that in the morning as I plan out the rest of the day.
The bathroom is my goal this week.. and finishing up the kitchen so I can start the bedroom again. It's never ending, but I'm enjoying it all.
235 days to go.. Pray for us..
*

No comments: