Sunday, June 03, 2007

RAIN

It rained last evening .. 3" in 2 hours north of us.. I heard it coming down last night, but didn't look out to see how much came down here.. things look damp but not too wet today. Mandy and I watered the plants last evening and that should have brought a nice rain.. She has little cherry tomatoes on her plants.. bunches of them.

We plan to grill this evening.. a picnic. I love picnics and we tend to do that a lot in the summer. Hope the rain holds out for today.

Yesterday's cleanup started out pretty good. Porch swept, walkway,swept down cobwebs left over from winter, and then polishing and cleaning the picnic table.. followed by policing the area. I was on a roll.. took a break and started on a drawer in the kitchen. One drawer cleaned out totally and replaced with utensils that were in a carousel on the counter top. I have other ideas for the carousel. It was about then that I noticed a puddle on the floor and went for my mop to clean it up. I found another puddle later and then another ..
Hmmmmm.. something was leaking. Oh, I hope not the dishwasher. It wasn't.. it was the drain from the sink.
Okay.. so now I switched directions and aimed all my efforts at cleaning under the sink to find the source of the leak. I spent the rest of the day cleaning everything that was under the sink- pitching things I hadn't used for a year or more.. and just getting rid of "stuff". The plastic runner that I'd put under the sink was full to capacity with water .. and the puddles were overflow. So, now it's cleaned up and a bucket sits under the slow drip.
I'm thankful I had enough foresight to put the plastic liner there. I'm still not sure why I did, but this made for a good reason I think.
So today, out of necessity, I will be reorganizing one of the lower cabinets to hold the items that I had under the sink .. and only plastic bottles will be replaced there from now on. That will reduce clutter in other places in the kitchen. Oh, this is fun. I'm feeling so much more organized.. thinking clearly, and with purpose.

Time to hit the shower.. church today.. yippee! 2 weeks feels like a long time to be away from church.. I would encourage you to go weekly. Prepare your hearts and minds for the week ahead. You feed your body daily and need to feed your soul daily too.. but the Sabbath is a major refueling stop. I long for retirement so that I can be there every week.
Pray for us daily.. thank the Lord for your health- no matter what level He's given you. Be thankful for troubles in your life- these bring you closer to Him and make you more aware of your total dependence on the Saviour.
Remember that you are loved.
*

No comments: