Tuesday, June 05, 2007

WATCHIN' THE TRAIN

Nothing much happening today.. it's cloudy and coolish..60 degrees.
241 days till I can hang up my hospital hat.. woohoo ! I didn't think that little train on my header would ever move, but it's moving.. slowly.. ever so slowly in the right direction. I can hardly wait for retirement to come around. I've been really enjoying being at home and then going out when I want to.. and just sitting down when I want to. It's so relaxing.

Today I started my day by checking the living room for things out of place. There are a few things there that can't be moved yet.. but one day soon they will be gone. Then outside for me.. I swept the porch and walkway and policed the very front yard. Not much there today. I must have done a good job last time.
Next on my list was cleaning the refrigerator - inside. Only one bad goof.. I told everyone I wasn't perfect.. Mandy had a package of salad chicken on the door. I thought it had been there for a month. so ..out it went. She just bought it last week.. worse yet, it wasn't even opened. Oh, forevermore. Well... on to other things.
PT at 1:30 today.. got out at 3pm and Wendell and I went for a leisurely lunch/early supper. It was pretty good.
Then on to groceries.. and some supplies we needed.. and to makings for a cheesecake for John. Shoulda gotten some for Mandy too after I tossed her chicken.. I feel kinda badly about that.
Maybe John will share his cheesecake. No? Well.. I'll find something else she'll like.
John and Mandy did the laundry today.. nice fresh towels to put away. Mmmmmm.. nice !
Tonite if I have the urge.. I may attack the top of the refrigerator. Now, there's a hot spot if ever.. Bob Pata , where are you when I need you? I'll have to find a good high chair to climb up on. I'm pretty short. 5' 2" just can't reach that high.
With no real "pantry", where will I store the cereal? Hmmmmm another dilemma.

We went for a ride this morning to look at the modular homes.. small ones..like less than 1500 sq ft. .. to get some good ideas for our next residence. Boy, those modulars are full of storage spaces.. one thing I wanted in our next home. I'm anxious to see a few more to see what else there is available. Wendell wants to go out again and look tonite.. I'm game. Sounds like fun.. so.. off I go!
Have a super evening and enjoy your day.. Pray for us.. we have many needs.
*

No comments: