Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's after 3am.. I am awake after just 2 hours sleep. I'm not sure just why. No pain, feel good.. when I woke up , I hoped it was morning so I could get up.. I'm sitting up..and it's morning.. but too early to start the day quite yet.
Gainful employment yesterday was busy..very busy. I had the normally slower side of the hall, but they kept me hopping all evening. So why am I awake?

We could use some rain. Things are dry here. Not dust bowl dry, but dry nonetheless. There is still a puddle outside from the last rain.. it's not big, but there. The temp was in the 80s today.. it's 64 right now. Wednesday there is about a 30% chance of a thunderstorm- in the 80s again. When I came home last night, there was lightning.. no thunder, no rain. But it was behind the clouds and quite beautiful actually.. sort of a pink flash.

I'm still honing my organizational skills and doing my routine things every day. I am working on the kitchen yet and starting in the bathroom. Mandy got a shower cleaner that you push a button and the entire shower gets sprayed.. it's supposed to keep it clean without scrubbing. I showed her what I did today in the medicine chest.. I pulled everything out including shelves and scrubbed them all.. and replaced only the items which we use. Trouble is, I've lost my toothpaste in the process.. Did I mention I'm not perfect? I told Wendell I'd stop at the dollar store for new toothbrushes for us.. I guess I'll be getting toothpaste too. Today I'll work on the cabinet below the bathroom sink.. it's not been cleaned for some time. No telling what might be in there.
When I came home tonite, I took Mandy to the bathroom to show her the medicine chest..and she showed me yet another new item she got for that room- a spray deodorizer on the wall. It automatically sprays every so many minutes. Kinda nice, and the bathroom smelled so fresh. I was impressed.
Can't wait to hit the linen closet. Now there is a place that is so hot it scalds!

It occurs to me that perhaps I need a snack.. perhaps that's why I'm awake. I'm gonna pursue that thought and say good night for now.. er.. good morning.. whatever..

2 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Wow you really are on an organizing streak. I love it. I am delighted to see the fruits of your labor when I visit. Keep up the good work!

Jemit said...

Thanks! I can use the encouragement. It keeps me going.
Right now I'm doing out of the way spots that aren't readily seen, but the end result *I* know, and that's what counts.
Wait till you see the counter tops..
One down.. and not more to go, but more difficult ones.
15 minutes at a time..