Sunday, April 20, 2008

Full moon tonite. That's one of those things that causes me to cringe by times. Usually I don't even have to look. People get so batty with the onset of the full moon. Things happen that don't happen any other time of the month. When I worked in obstetrics, we had a major influx of moms in labor over the full moon, and the rowdy patients set off the code yellow alarms frequently around that time too. Depressed people become more depressed.. When I was a nursing student on my psych affiliation, we were told to lock away ANYTHING that was of value or sharp over the full moon especially.. and I remember coming back after a weekend off to hear of a guard who was stabbed and in the hospital after a patient used a plastic knife on him- by a patient who was normally never a problem, but the full moon does odd things to people. Strange and bizarre, but true. Beware.

Today is the Sabbath. I am not sure of my ability to go to church today. I'm having some feet/leg swelling that is causing me some distress.. like I can't get my shoes on! YIKE! Move over Wendell.. I've always had this swelling, but lately, since the doctor changed my meds, it's gotten worse. I guess I need to check in with him again to get this rectified. It's not usually this bad in the morning and only increases during the day.. ugh.
I was so pleased with my peak flows yesterday.. 350 and 360..woohoo! Still in the caution zone, but high. This morning I'm at 280 for all 3 breaths..in the caution zone.. right in the middle.

I think I'll try to get ready for church anyway... have a great day despite the rain..

No comments: