Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's almost 4:30am on a Thursday.. it's my professional day.. I am a nurse and today I use my license to do what I do very well.. start IV infusions as a route for IV biologics for a number of patients (today 11) to relieve their pain by reducing the inflammation they all have. Though I don't really 'enjoy' sticking people with needles, I do have that skill and many of my patients claim it's really pretty painless. I'm so glad of that. I have stayed with this program for... hmmm... this is my 5th year! I wouldn't have stayed this long if I didn't think the biologics were that good.. they are so wonderful for so many.

Pray for me today please.. for my skills to be perfected.. for my patients too. Last week we worked quickly and efficiently and had NO unexpected events. Every so often someone has a reaction and then we keep our eyes open.. most of the time it's an infusion reaction, not a biologic reaction. Today I'll be doing 11 patients alone. Kathy is off for the next few weeks.


I checked my Peak Flow this morning.. my best was 280- definitely in the caution zone. I'll tell you about P-F in a later post. My target is 430, so I'm well below that. Yesterday morning I made it to 350. Last night it was 230.. and the flags were going off. Interestingly, I was a little worse before bed and coughed a lot during the night. That's asthma.. I'm not out of the woods.


Today is April 10. It reminds me that my mom and dad were married on this day..in 1937- 71 years ago.
It's time to get ready for the office. Lots to prepare..

No comments: