Monday, April 07, 2008


It's Monday.......blah....... I really haven't accomplished anything yet today.. and it's nearly noon. I woke up with a splitting headache at 5am, had some coffee, and then decided I'd be better off just going back to bed..which I did. I woke up with the alarm (set at 8am) going off at 10am. UGH.

The sun is shining and it's already 55 glorious degrees. I have so much to do today, but am slow getting started.
I finally made it to church yesterday after a long siege of illness, and it was well worth the effort which really wasn't much effort if you really want to know. The sermon was another wonderful one from our pastor. He's preaching from James, and that's gotta be one of my favorite books. One of the things he mentioned was being wise to what is good and innocent of what is evil. I was thinking about my own life here.. that is, I have wondered about the movies I've watched recently and how I felt uncomfortable with some of the stories.. For instance, I enjoyed the first Harry Potter movie- harmless, eh? Then I saw the second and parts of it made me wonder what happens to children when they see this type of movie.. what is it's meaning? The third one and on, I had greater concern for children, but I should also have been looking toward myself.. what seeds were planted in my own "innocent" mind?
Of course, there are many other examples of how evil seeds get planted. Just take a walk in the local mall or bookstore, school room.. I could go on.

I wondered how many times I'd been guilty of putting someone else down for my own selfish ambition. This has satanic roots.

Things to strive for-
Purity
To be peace loving
Sincerity
Submissive, not thinking of self first- humility
Kindness with compassion, and inward obedience with sincere love for others
Being Consistent
Deliberate cooperation with God

I'm thinking today about what kind of fruits I exhibit.

No comments: