Monday, April 21, 2008

It's Monday.. the alarm never went off, but then it's set for 5am and I've been up since 4am after sleeping all night .. comfortably. I went to bed a bit early.. I was tired after our picnic yesterday.

How wonderful it was to have the kids and their parents and Jane too.. the occasion was the 3 April birthdays. John and Mandy were at his family's home yesterday.. John's brother and I share a birthday too. My sister in law, Mary Lou, also shares that birthday. Lots of April birthdays!

I'll be curious to know how much more fluid Wendell has lost since yesterday.. I hope plenty. Today he has to have his labs drawn in NY.
I seem to be having a similar problem with fluid, but not doing as well as he. After some hefty diuresing yesterday, I'm showing a 5# gain again today.. If this keeps up, I'll call the doctor tomorrow for another readjustment of medications. I'm having a problem getting even my sandals on again today..ugh. I have to get this cleared up before too long since I am obligated to work in the office today. I've already taken the Lasix and have been to the potty 3 times in the last hour... I knew you'd all want to know that.. hehehehe

Ok.. Peak flow this morning was 360.. moving toward asthma control slowly but surely. Yesterday's readings were both at 340. WOOHOO!!! I'm in the caution zone, but closer to the green than the red.
One day I'm going to be able to say.. No health problems today.. feeling fine.
How I long for that day.

I'll ask you to pray for Wendell today.. for that fluid loss and his strengthening while he's away from home..
And for Nicki and Dave... Please also remember JJ and Keith and Keith's mom Sharon.. no report yet this morning on her status. God is able to heal our physical bodies and our spiritual bodies too..
Remember Barb and her family.. and Melody's sister..
I need not mention the details as God knows the persons and the needs..
I'll also ask for prayer for Helen and Sara today.. they face some big needs today.
Aunt MaryJane and Uncle Bob too..

I'm heading for the shower.. time to get the day started..

No comments: