Wednesday, April 09, 2008

GOOD NEWS
BAD NEWS
Today was my doctor visit day.. to check my lungs and see how much improved I am. There was such good news! My lungs have no audible wheezes...
And then he followed with.."But you will have to stay on the inhaler for several more months". Oh...sigh.... "In 3-4 months we can evaluate you again and maybe you can half the dose twice a day"... Oh...sigh... "And then if you are doing well for several more months, perhaps you'll only need it once a day"..."And then.......and then.... It'll be spring 2009 and you can start all over again"...oh..
I'm just thankful the asthma is now more or less controlled. Well.. I suppose that was the BAD news.
I'm going to have bloodwork done early next week.. allergy testing to see if we can pinpoint just what the trigger is for me besides fresh mowed grass.. which we didn't have when this started a couple weeks ago. Something else is causing the problem too.

I heard from Wendell today and he's following his diet to a "T". He says "Wendy's spoiling me". I guess... the kids seem to enjoy having him around. Tomorrow is swim day again. He seemed happy to know that he could again get in the big pool at the school. Each day he has an exercise to complete.. he can take all the time he wants, but his job is to circle the swing set 5 times. So far so good. He has been using his CPAP at night and now doesn't need the many naps he used to take.
Wendy says some of the swelling in his feet is gone..she is watching his salt intake also. Every day he gets fresh air and some sunshine while he pushes Eli on the swing (their favorite thing). I know Eli will miss Papa when he has to come back home.

I worked a couple of hours in the office today.. helping to get my charts ready for tomorrow.. and finishing phone calls. I should do this more often.
I still have some paperwork to do for tomorrow, but the hard part is already done.
Our office is scheduled to move the 2nd week of May.. but anything can happen in the mean time. I will then have my own infusion room and a little office to go with it. YIPPEE!!! We need it NOW.

Glorious day today..it's still 57 degrees. It rained a bit this afternoon, but that didn't last long and didn't make it any cooler. How I LOVE spring !!!

No comments: