Thursday, October 23, 2008

Friday I have an appointment in the morning with my PCP.. a checkup actually. But I'm a bit concerned as my labs didn't turn out too well. My glucose was 101 fasting, and according to the paperwork, that makes me pre-diabetic.. 100 and below is normal... Not only that, but my A1C was high too at 6.3.. anything over 5 is high. Well, I'm going to try to convince him that my new diet plan and exercise plan starting next week will bring it all down.
Cholesterol and triglycerides were slightly elevated too.

By the way, I'm feeling pretty good on this diet program.. it's low carb and normal everything else.. I'm eliminating bread, pasta, sugar, cookies, cake, candy and fruits for the time being. Hopefully I can add them in sparingly later.
Office was okay today.. I tried to keep moving most of the day.

Weather: it's 55 and windy making it feel a lot colder. Tonite it will be 34 degrees. There was a hard frost on my car this morning.
There is still one lonely petunia blooming for all it's worth... deep purple.

No comments: