Tuesday, October 07, 2008


The frost missed us last night.. all is well. I had a chat with Charlie tonite. I wanted to tell him about Aunt Mary Jane and make sure he knew about the memorial service at Manchester on Saturday. He added that today was his first day of lay off. He's the first person I know who has actually been hit with the economic housing crisis. His boss says it'll be a long lay off, and likely till next spring. Charlie is of the opinion that when life tosses you lemons, you make lemonade.. and that's just what he has in mind. Tomorrow he plans to pick the remainder of the red raspberries. I can't ever remember them being so big and delicious. There should be enough to make lots and lots of jelly. He has other plans in mind too. He said the chickens only laid 8 eggs today.. a sure sign of winter coming on. They had been laying up to 18 a day or even more on a really good day.

I spent most of my day in the office. 10 patients were infused with only one that had to be rejagged. That's not bad really. As usual, I was beat when I got home.. just so very tired and exhausted. I seem to run from the time my feet hit the floor in the morning until I get home and walk to the house. I just felt so weak and ready to sleep. I'm off till next Monday. Mandy made her best meal tonite.. chicken stir fry. She really does make the best. I had 2 helpings and then after talking to Charlie, I layed down and slept until the debate was telecast tonite.
I wish I could can her stir fry, but it would come out mushy, and the best part of the meal is the fact that it's crunchy and fresh .. and the sauce is so outstanding.

Tomorrow is allergy shot(s) day. I sure hope this plan works as it is supposed to. I wish it worked for this year, but it's aimed at next year. The allergies are more settled at the moment, but I never know when they will dump on me and make me wheeze.. ugh. I'm dealing with a stuffy head right now.. hoping it's not sinusitis.

Looking to tomorrow...


No comments: