Sunday, October 05, 2008

Wendell and I are getting ready for church this morning. Neither of us moves quickly, but we are moving. I feel the strain during the week when we miss church.. it's like charging one's battery for the week to come. I think Isaiah 40:31 is quite true..


Yesterday morning we had the honor and pleasure of 5 of our grandchildren come to visit while their parents did errands. How we love having them.. it's a joy that reminds us how much we are blessed.
Annabelle initially took her shoes and socks off and then decided she had to go outside.. I like to walk with her.. she goes 'my speed', and reaches out to hold my hand as we walk. She's impressed with Charlie's chickens and pulled me that direction pointing and squealing. We did the perimeter walk stopping for grapes, red raspberries, flowers, and gleaning from what is left in the garden. Acorn squash, pumpkins, carrots, and a couple of really nice tomatoes.
The boys rode their bikes and checked out hurricane Ike damage in the woods, reporting that there were a lot of downed trees and that Grampa's cart was under one of them..smashed to bits.
When we came in, I got out my china tea cups, and we had hot chocolate.. mmmmmmm
That and some of Charlie's apples sliced with cheese.. Oh, that is so yummy!!! I think we went through 6-8 apples. I must remember to pick some more.

I'm noticing that fall is bringing us the usual... colder weather at night especially. It won't be long before frost warnings go out.. It is 38 degrees this morning as I blog. The high will be a cool 65, if that. Monday is forecast to be 61. UGH. Though I prefer the cooler side (70s), the 60 degrees will soon be replaced by 50's , then 40s.. and winter will be here again. Though 'modern' man gets in an uproar over global warming or cooling, I accept the fact that God made it all.. everything in it's season, and cyclic .. including warming and cooling. Mankind takes a lot of unmerited responsibility for it in their foolishness.. God provides it whether we try to take credit or not. He is the creator, we, the created.

Time is passing quickly.. I need to put my face on and brush my teeth before we leave. It is a long drive to the Valley, but worth every effort to be present with our church family to hear the message Vince will bring us. Hope to see YOU in church today too.

No comments: