Monday, October 13, 2008

I've been trying to determine whether to blog this morning or not.. I guess I am going ahead anyway.. I wasn't sure what I'd blog about.. so I'll play it by ear. I figure it's MY blog, I guess I have the options in my corner. (((smile)))
It's about 6:30am, and within the hour I'll be heading out to go to my job. I notice that my weather forecast says it's 46 degrees right now, but the forecast also says it's to be 80 today. Hmmmm
That's fall for you- the unexpected every day. It's not a bad thing, it's a lot like life. Up and down and level for a while.
It's like life in that in the fall of one's life, things are erratic day by day. At least they are for me..and I know Wendell has commented on the same. One gets hit with things that we only considered as bad dreams.. like heart problems for Wendell, a couple of strokes for me, aches and pains that neither of us knew could slow us down a decade ago, and toss in a little forgetfulness now and again, and it makes the road rough. Notice I said the road is rough, not impossible.. and there is abounding joy also. New friends, hope for the future through our children and grandchildren, and realizing that one day I will be in Heaven.. all give me joy.

I was just thinking about how I used to live in monthly increments..when the kids were growing up. I had a schedule that was heavy and I had to keep the calendar in front of me constantly to know what was happening in 4-6 weeks at a time. Then after the kids left home, my schedule became bi monthly. I'd watch the work assignment at the hospital and knew I had to maintain it, but I could only consider it in 2 week blocks. When I decided to retire from the hospital, it became a day to day thing.. 200 days to go, 140 days to go, 70 days to go...etc. Since then, it's been a 'one day at a time' thing that can change in an hour. I'm living in the fall of my life.. where the temperature can change from 46 to 80 in a matter of hours. Awesome.

I think about how my belief in Christ and the promises of eternal life if I just believe in Him.. and look around me.. There are many who don't claim these promises and figure when they are gone, they just cease to be alive. That's an enigma to me. Nothing to live for.. at least I'm encouraged by hope- no one can convince me that God doesn't have a glorious plan for me.. and that Jesus lives. And if I'm wrong by unbelievers standards , I have lost nothing.. but if I'm right.. my unbelieving friends, where will you be? My heart goes out to you in this life.. for the future is gruesome, frightening and grim for you.

I'm off to put my face on and brush my teeth..

No comments: