Thursday, October 02, 2008


With all the news going on tonite, I'm just trying to understand what is happening and why. I have a need to go back to my Bible and look for comfort and wisdom.
It seems like promoting fear in the public sector is primary, but I don't understand why.
Before I get too confused about what is happening, I have decided to look to God and he has reminded me that some of the most frequent statements of Jesus were "Fear not".. and on that I rely.
He also reminds us all through scripture to focus on Heaven and on Jesus.. to remember that He has overcome the world and it's vices.. that He alone is in control of the just and the unjust..
I'll share some of the verses I thought about. I am calm..
Pray for those in high positions in our land.. and in the world.
Pray for divine intervention in our nation and in our congress.
Pray for changed hearts and that the Holy Spirit would speak plainly to those unsaved.

Pray for mercy for our nation

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

1 Samuel 2:6-9 The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up. 7. The LORD makes poor and makes rich; He brings low and lifts up. 8. He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes And make them inherit the throne of glory. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, And He has set the world upon them. 9. He will guard the feet of His saints, But the wicked shall be silent in darkness. For by strength no man shall prevail.

Psalms 24:1 The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.
Proverbs 16:4
The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.


Romans 8:35-39

35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: