Friday, September 07, 2007

FALL..

I'm not crazy about fall.. it brings winter... and I'm definitely NOT a fan of winter- I guess everyone knows that by now with all the whining I did last winter.
The good news is that if weather patterns stay like they always do, we should get the worst of winter mid February - after I'm retired.
I went out today but for a short while to look for deer behind the house. Alas.. none to be found. I can always see them when the camera isn't in my hands. Wonder why that is?
I took this picture of my burning bush at the side of the house.. it's really getting red now.. some of the leaves are scarlet. Most are still just pinkish.


This is the tree line on the other side of the driveway.. note the trees are losing their green and becoming yellowy.

Even some of the briers are turning color.. I love the brilliant colors of fall. It's like God takes a paintbrush and dabs some color here and some there.. and they blend into one spectacular view.

I see that there are leaves all over the lawn now too... so sad. Soon the trees will be bare.

No comments: