Monday, September 03, 2007

HAPPY LABOR DAY ALL

We are having a picnic this evening. One of our 'last blast of the summer' ones. It should be fun.
John and Mandy are getting the outside ready.. badminton set erected, table clean and shining, and stuff and junk disposed of.
My job is indoors where I've got steaks, dogs, burgers, and even shrimp thawing in the kitchen.
Floors are swept.. table is clean.. and we are about ready when it comes right down to it.
Tomatoes and onions are sliced.
Wendell has gone for ice and some last minute items..one of them is a tub of ice cream- can't have my little guy say to me "Gamma..Ice Keem?" and not be able to get it out for him and dazzle his little taste buds !!
I need to make some dip with yogurt. It is pretty good.
We shall have a fine time tonite!
Wheezing a bit here today.. ah .. that's the nature of asthma.. not fun. But I have my handy dandy little inhaler in my pocket for those times when I need it most.
I'll not be playing badminton. I will be the photographer of those who want to play.
That way, I don't get into mischief..
Have a safe and happy labor day, friends.. be careful out on the roads.

No comments: