Thursday, September 27, 2007

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

Today I'm baking an apple pie thanks to my friend Sandi who sent me a website with apple pie recipes with pictures. I made sure when I stopped at the store yesterday that I had the right ingredients.. it's in the oven right now. I also made a cheesecake for John just because he likes my cheesecake..it'll go in next.
While I was preparing the pie, I noticed that the deer were all standing out behind the house. You know, all summer I've been trying to get a good close up of the deer. They are there so often, and I miss them every time. While I was in town yesterday, Wendell said they were all there really close to the house. I asked him if he got a picture.. he said no, he hadn't thought to take pictures.
Well, today was MY day !! There was the entire family out there waiting for me to do my thing.

They even posed for me.. straight head on closeups.. side views, and one with a white tail in the air. I was in heaven!!! I got them..!!! I can't believe I actually got 8 glorious pictures.
Then I noticed a gray squirrel on a tree not 8' from me.. so I clicked off 3 more pictures of the little critter in various poses. It was as if they KNEW I was taking their pictures and wanted some good ones ..
I went back into the house with a big smile on my face.. I had really done it this time.. my pictures were spectacular..so I thought I'd preview them..

Ya know, the pictures would have come out a lot better if I'd just had the camera card in the camera.. it's like taking pictures on a regular camera without film. AAACCKKKK!!!
I would have cried if I hadn't seen the humor in it all and started to laugh at myself!
I'll try again another time.. for now, these ones were the big ones that got away.

-sigh.............

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Oh Mummy... that is SO Funny!!!!