Sunday, September 16, 2007

UPDATE ON BARB KELLY

Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2007 11:09 AM
I am working on the insurance as they have already denied authorization for Barb to go to Rancho. The issue is that they feel Barb is in a sub-acute state and would not benefit at an acute rehab facility. So the options are that I look for an acceptable sub-acute facility to place Barbara there until she qualifies for an acute facility. Or I can self pay an place her at Rancho. Self pay is $1,705 a day times the number of days that is anticipated that she would be there. And then I will be required to pay up front. I felt very strongly that God was leading me to place Barbara at Rancho so, if He is indeed ,then He will work out the finance also! ( Marilyn( Rancho Los Amigos is one of the two top rehabs in the USA the other is LOMA LINDA both so calif.)

My work has been very understanding so far and my prayer is that they continue to give me the time off paid. The church fund is set up however there is not any funds available yet. I have not incurred many added cost as of yet that have not already been covered by gifts from others. God will supply when the need is there, this I am trusting in, when my faith is not weak.

Barbara, moved her right arm from a palm down position to a palm up last night - very exciting for the kids and myself to see. It really helped me have more hope after dealing with the insurance co and rehab locations telling me no.

Love, Daune

No comments: