Friday, September 14, 2007


I left the fan on all night.. as usual. Normally I have the AC with it, but last night was chilly, so just the fan. This morning I woke up coughing....... coughing......... coughing.... and wondered what in the world was going on.. Then I heard it.. the neighbor next door was busy mowing grass. I guess the fan sucked in some of the pollens and I'm wheezing.
I waited until I felt it fairly safe to go outdoors. It is a truly beautiful fall day. Temperature will be about 78 today, and in fact, it is close to that now. I did my usual "listen for the mower" thing and then proceeded with my camera in hand, hoping to see something really great or unusual.

I had just spotted a small pumpkin growing where last week I'd taken a picture of the blossom in the garden and posted it on this blog.. when I suddenly became aware of a familiar engine sound- the neighbor across the road had decided it was time to mow HIS grass ! I raced back to the house for safety, but the wheeze is there. It will be there for a few hours I'm certain.
UGH. Allergies are not fun. They get in the way of a lot of good walks around the perimeter.

I guess on my day off I really was meant to stay indoors and get some much needed clean up done.. just as soon as I can start breathing normally again.
Little things can be done..that are not taxing. I'll concentrate on those for the day.

Time to leave the computer desk and get busy.. see you all later..

No comments: