Monday, September 17, 2007

LOOKS LIKE WE HAD FROST

It's my day of non-gainful employment.. so I took a leisurely walk to the garden. I knew the tomatoes would be ripening rapidly, so I took a pan out with me and collected about 8 of the nicest ones I could find. I wasn't prepared to see the plants withered however. Many of the other tender plants are also in this condition.. dying.. drying. Time to make tomato juice..
I picked a bouquet of flowers and then got chased by several bumbly type bees.. so I left.
I picked about 5 apples from the trees... mmmmmm !!! crisp and sweet and juicy!

Silly rhodadendron! They love the cold weather.. bloom at the oddest times. I took this Saturday when we were really cool here.

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Might there be enough tomatoes to can some stewed?