Wednesday, September 05, 2007

STUFF..

Early this morning I got a picture on my cell phone.. it was of Isaac and Esther ready to go to school for the first day.. They looked so excited. I talked to Wendy later and she said Esther wore her backpack for 20 minutes before they were scheduled to go out the door! Isaac is in 2nd grade now.. He looks so grown up. Essie is now in Kindergarten. Both will be in school for a full day.
Next week Gayle gets to start pre-school.. another very excited child! Wendy took her for a doughnut and chocolate milk this morning after delivering the other kids to school. She kept saying 'I'm a big kid now"... Wendy acted sad and she rephrased her comment to "I'm a teeny big kid now".. hehehe She is very sweet.
I'm hoping for some 'first day of school" pictures..

Our family seems to have been hit with a 'bug'. Paul, David, Daniel, Joyce and Annabelle all have had a strange one.. and now John is down with the same bug. UGH! So far Wendell and I have been okay, and last check , Amy and Paul 3 were okay, as well as Jane..
Mandy doesn't have it yet.. but likely she will before too long.

I did some shopping today. I wanted to test myself out to see how much I could tolerate for one trip. Not a lot. I got to the Dollar General and coughed my way through.. only to have to use the inhaler in the car when I came out. Hmpf! I sat for about 10 minutes while my system rebooted itself.. and then went on to the grocery store. I didn't get a lot, but was happy to be done shopping when I did. At home, I made myself a chicken/tomato sandwich and then needed to take a nap for a while before supper.. An hour helped get me back to some strength.
I sure don't have a lot of reserve.

I had purchased a pork loin for supper tonite and put it in the crockpot right after I got home. Wendell and I just finished supper. He said it was Deeeelicious ! I made buttermilk biscuits too. I miss bread every so often, but the non-yeast breads seem to fill the bill.. and biscuits are high on the list. Every so often I long for a banana or an orange, but these are not on my list of foods I can eat. I have no desire for sweets otherwise.
Still dealing with that headache here. More Tylenol.. and I'm okay. Just a hint of ache. Odd that I hardly ever have headaches, but have had this one for days. I'm hoping it is related to yeast leaving my body.

Getting late here.. got things to do before going to the office tomorrow.
Pray that I will have the stamina to do the job for my patients tomorrow.. that the asthma will be calm. Pray for quick recovery for the family too..
We all need back to normalcy.

No comments: