Sunday, September 16, 2007

FROST WARNINGS

I expected it soon.. and wasn't disappointed. The frost warning was out last night for counties just north of us. For us.. we dipped to at least 43 degrees.. it's 45 now at 9am. The anticipated high today is only 65. cold~ anyone think that global warming is fact? I'm doubting it seriously.
Perhaps the globe is a nano-degree warmer but you couldn't prove it to ME. We have had seasons as usual~ promised by God and delivered as promised.

Good morning. I've been trying to NOT whine too much about the cold weather and future snow days. Seems like it's all I do anyway. I'll have to try harder. I've been blogging about the signs in nature that I see.. posting pictures.. and watching the season change again.
I wonder what happened to the summer of '07?
I don't mind warmth of summer or cold of winter as long as the extremes aren't there.. but then, that's what summer and winter are anyway~extremes. I think that is what being a redhead is about- skin is fair and thin and we feel the extremes intensely.

It was super busy at work last night. I stayed atop it all evening. I was the lone secretary..
(hi ho secretary!~sorry, couldn't resist..) The staff was delighted to give the other secretary off last night as they had had a major exodus of patients bringing the unit down to about 25-26 patients. Not bad for one secretary, but they do not think ahead. The exodus also creates an influx of patients.. I call it the 'grand slam'. I get hit with one admission after another.. and last night was a good example. One admission after another after another..etc. It was super busy.
I left 2 admissions behind when I left at 11:3o. I took a supper break at 5pm, but no breaks other than that. I worked steadily all evening till I left for home.
One positive thing is that it sure makes the evening go fast.

Today is the Sabbath. I see Wendell is getting ready for church. Atta boy! He is feeling a bit better and though still not at peak, he's okay.
Asthma was only fair yesterday when another neighbor decided to mow grass. I wish my body would acclimate to grass, but it's still fighting it. I'm using the inhalers daily, but didn't have to use my handy-dandy one I carry in my pocket for when I start to wheeze badly. That's good.

I'm heading for the shower.. have a great day.. the sun is shining..

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

When should I collect my marigold seeds? Before or after the frost?