Friday, September 21, 2007

News, this and that


I woke up an hour later than usual this morning.. Wendell made the coffee, and that's where I am so far. Sitting at the computer drinking my morning coffee and planning my day. It's not a hard day to plan-most of it will be taken up by gainful employment at the hospital.
But wait- I've got a 3 day weekend coming up !!!!! OH FOR JOY!!!! Wendell and I have plans to go to Raccoon Park on Saturday. He's gonna visit some of his old buddies there.
And then we are going to do some shopping on the way home. The babies in our family are needing a swing, and the one we have is just plain broken~ can't have that! With Eli and his family coming and Annabelle too needing a swing, we feel the need to get one ASAP.

At the moment it's 64 degrees here in WPA, but the forecast says it's gonna get to 84 and be sunny.. wonderful, but the air quality index says it's an Action Day, which means asthmatics should stay indoors. Bummer.

Yesterday was a fine day. All went well at the office and on my way home I stopped for gas and then at the grocery for something quick for supper. I had in mind the deli counter and got a rotisserie chicken and macaroni and cheese for Wendell since I seem to serve him chicken as a main diet most of the time. No, not SEEM.. I do. Anyway, the lemon pepper rotisserie chicken was more than delicious and I may do that again some time. I got fresh broccoli to go with it and what I cooked is gone.. no leftovers. It made a very good meal and there is still a half chicken breast left for my lunch today. YIPPEE!!

Sometimes my red hair causes me to become infuriated with our world leaders. I am reminded that Jesus told us to love our enemies and pray for them.. so that's what I've been doing. Asking the Lord for their conversion and hearts that are stone to turn to Him.

The word from my friend Nancy in Idaho is that Barb's doctors now feel she is a very good candidate for acute Rehab at the center where the family has been trying to get her admitted. They are recommending this and the insurance company is reconsidering their position. Keep praying for this family. They appreciate all you do and thank you for remembering them and Barb in this difficult time.

I'm about done with my coffee... gotta hit the shower now. Have a wonderful day bloggers!

No comments: